Axon Rehab has an exciting opportunity for an experienced Neuro Occupational Therapist interested in working as part of a multi-disciplinary team with rehab technology to implement an intensive out-patient rehab programme for neurological patients.
Axon Rehab is a newly established private practise based in Birdhill, North Tipperary, that is focused on providing intensive out-patient neuro rehabilitation. Our aim is to provide multidisciplinary rehab therapy that is complemented with robotics, sensor-based tools, electrical stimulation suits & devices, and various other types of rehab technology. We provide rehab assessment and intensive treatment packages for neurological conditions including MS, Stroke, ABI, SCI, PD, GBS, and other related conditions. Our approach is to provide intensive rehab on gait, lower body, upper body, arm & hand, and cognitive rehab, augmented by rehab technology. Axon Rehab will be the first centre of its kind in Ireland to utilise such technology. This role will allow the candidate to join at the early stages of growth, and contribute to the development and direction of the practise.
We are now seeking to recruit a number of Neuro Occupational Therapists (Junior and Senior) with a minimum of 2 years’ experience post qualification, but are particularly open to applicants with experience working in a neuro rehab environment, in public or private settings, in Ireland or overseas. Suitable candidates will have the following traits:
- Proven post qualification or clinical placement experience working with neurological conditions
- Works autonomously and on own initiative, but can contribute to a multidisciplinary team on complex cases
- Thinks ‘outside-the-box’ when implementing a programme that addresses patient goals
- Aware of and supports the latest research evidence in relation to the benefits of using robotics and advanced technologies in rehab
- Can utilise technology to assess and monitor patient progress
- Can use technology to obtain objective outcome measures pre and post rehab
- Initiative in professional development by attending various courses/workshops/conferences
- Willing to expand his/her horizon and shape the development and growth of the practise
- Can hear patient goals, expectations & barriers to rehab, and hence can facilitate them
- Willing to use an innovative, holistic and technology-based approach to rehabilitation
- Understands the process of brain plasticity, “repetition without repetition”
- Understands the approach of high dosage and intensity of rehab
- Believes in the limitless patient capacity in rehab
- Good at communicating with both patients and colleagues
- Ability to bring a smile to the face of the patients and colleagues you work with and enjoys what they do every day.
The role is based in Birdhill, North Tipperary, and is just off the M7 motorway which makes it very commutable from various counties, such as, Tipperary, Limerick, Clare, Offaly, Laois, etc. Reporting to the Clinical Lead the role offered is a full-time position, however, initial part-time hours also considered, with a view to progressing to a full-time position. Full training will be provided on all technology and continuous training offered. Opportunity to conduct research in conjunction with colleagues and patients, with the aim of publication, within the practice to advance personal professional development.
Clinical responsibilities of the role include:
- Working as part of a multi-disciplinary team to complete assessments of patients with complex presentations and cognitive problems
- Develop and provide treatments using evidence-based practise
- Incorporate advanced rehab technology ensuring effective and appropriate outcomes
- Maintain accurate patient record of treatments provided and progress throughout
- Manage treatment time and calendar professionally
- Potential to partake in the supervision of student clinicians
- Potential to travel around Ireland to promote the service and/or products used in the service
- Share ideas and knowledge with colleagues for overall benefit of practise
- Provide clear communication to patients and colleagues
- Contribute to a pleasant, courteous, and professional working environment
Salary offered will depend on experience.
CORU & AOTI registration is essential.
Please email a CV with Covering Letter to: email@example.com