Axon Rehab has an exciting opportunity for a Rehabilitation Assistant interested in working as part of a multi-disciplinary team with rehab technology to implement an intensive out-patient rehab programme for neurological patients. Working under the direction and guidance of a Chartered Physiotherapist, Occupational Therapist or other qualified therapist, the role is to support the provision of 1 to 1 neurological rehab services. As a Rehab Assistant you will partake in highly rewarding work as part of a skilled clinical team helping clients to achieve their full potential and reach their rehabilitation goals.
Axon Rehab is a newly established private practise based in Birdhill, Co Tipperary, that is focused on providing intensive out-patient neuro rehabilitation. Our aim is to provide multidisciplinary rehab therapy that is complemented with robotics, sensor-based tools, electrical stimulation suits & devices, and various other types of rehab technology. We provide rehab assessment and intensive treatment packages for neurological conditions including Multiple Sclerosis, Stroke, Acquired Brain Injury, Spinal Cord Injury, Parkinson's Disease, and other related conditions. Our approach is to provide intensive rehab on gait, lower body, upper body, arm & hand, all of which is augmented by rehab technology. We are extremely proud to say that Axon Rehab is the first centre of its kind in Ireland to utilise such technology.
We are now seeking to hire a Rehab Assistant with a minimum of 2 years’ experience in a healthcare role, but are particularly open to applicants with experience working in a neuro rehab environment, in public or private settings, in Ireland or overseas.
Working under the direction of the supervising clinician within the Rehab Team the suitable candidate will:
- Assist in the assessment of clients and implementation of treatments
- Carry out 1 to 1 intervention with clients, under supervision
- Prepare the client and the room/environment for treatment
- Organise and supervise therapeutic activities, with individual clients and groups
- Use knowledge and training in the application of rehab modalities such as TENS machine, Heat and Ice packs, Hand and Foot splints, Robotics, Virtual reality devices, Electrical stimulation devices and others
- Use knowledge and training in the safe use of rehab equipment during therapeutic interventions (e.g., a tilt table, standing hoist)
- Observe general behaviour, ability and response of the client to a therapeutic intervention and report observations to supervising clinician
- Use knowledge and understanding of a clients’ needs to involve and motivate the client in the therapeutic process
The role is based in Birdhill, Co Tipperary, which is just off junction 27 of the M7 and very commutable from various areas including Tipperary, Limerick, Laois, Offaly, & Clare. Reporting to the Clinical Lead the role offered is a full-time position, however, initial part-time hours also considered, with a view to progressing to a full-time position. Full training provided on all technology used in Axon Rehab and continuous training offered.
General Responsibilities include:
- Understand the role of the Rehab Assistant, responsibilities and accountability of that role within the team
- Recognise the importance of good relationship and frequent communication within the team
- Use knowledge, training and skills to communicate effectively and appropriately with the full range of clients
- Maintain strict confidentiality at all times with client information
- Document conversations and interventions with supervising clinician and clients
- Use knowledge of Health and Safety Principles when carrying out duties
- Use knowledge to identify potential hazards and emergency situations and manage these situations
- Use knowledge and training to maintain order, cleanliness and tidiness of treatment areas and equipment
- Use knowledge and training to carry out stock control, ordering and receiving supplies, monitoring equipment and reporting faulty equipment
- Use knowledge to carry out administrative duties (e.g., filing, answering telephone, recording stats, photocopying)
- Use opportunities to undertake training and further learning to develop the personal skills to improve the standard of care.
Salary offered will depend on experience.
Please email a CV with covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org